CAHPS Surveys and Guidance
CAHPS surveys ask patients to report on their experiences with a range of health care services at multiple levels of the delivery system. Several surveys ask about experiences with ambulatory care providers such as health plans, physicians' offices, and behavioral health plans, while others ask about experiences with care delivered in facilities such as hospitals, dialysis centers, and nursing homes.
Select a topic below, find information about each survey.
- For the surveys from AHRQ, you can download formatted surveys and instructions on administering the survey and analyzing and using the results.
- For surveys administered by CMS, links are provided to the sites with surveys and instructions.
Surveys Available From AHRQ
- Health Plan
- Clinician & Group
- Surgical Care
- Child Hospital
- Dental Plan
- Experience of Care and Health Outcomes (ECHO)
- American Indian
- Nursing Home
For general information about supplemental items, select here, or a particular item-set, select one of the following:
- Item Set for Children with Chronic Conditions
- Item Set for People with Mobility Impairments
- Cultural Competence Item Set
- Health Information Technology Item Set
- Item Set for Addressing Health Literacy
- Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Item Set
Surveys Administered by CMS
Using the Surveys: Advice and Resources
For general information about using the CAHPS surveys, select here. For information about a particular issue, select one of the following: