Office of Communications and Knowledge Transfer (OCKT)
The Office of Communications and Knowledge Transfer (OCKT) promotes the communication of information to both internal and external customers. Specifically, OCKT:
- Communicates the results and significance of AHRQ initiatives to the health care industry, health care providers, consumers and patients, policymakers, researchers, and the media with particular emphasis on in the ways each of these constituencies are most interested and are likely to lead to behavior change.
- Manages the publishing and information dissemination processes of the Agency, producing products in a variety of print and electronic formats that are appropriately targeted to various audiences.
- Manages external requests for copyright permissions, for outside individuals or entities who wish to reprint/reuse AHRQ materials (Select for Customer Service Standards-Copyright Permissions).
- Conducts the public affairs and media activities of the Agency.
- Maintains the AHRQ Web site, electronic dissemination program, and the Information Resources Center to provide the administrative support for reference services and the distribution of technical information to Agency staff.
- Directs a knowledge transfer program to promote the implementation and use of AHRQ tools, products, and initiatives by various stakeholders.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of Agency dissemination and implementation strategies and undertakes changes indicated by such evaluations.