Collaborative Learning from Patient Safety Organizations and International Patient Safety Culture
Slide Presentation from the AHRQ 2011 Annual Conference
On September 19, 2011, William Munier made this presentation at the 2011 Annual Conference. Select to access the PowerPoint® presentation (844 KB). Plugin Software Help.
Collaborative Learning from Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs) and International Patient Safety Culture
AHRQ Annual Conference
September 19, 2011
- Many PSOs preparing for re-certification after first 3 years.
- 80 listed PSOs as of September 19th:
- PSO Program is completing its first cycle for listing and maintaining PSOs:
- Third Annual Meeting of PSOs held in May 2011.
- Collaboration of PSOs to share business experiences and generate.
- Technical Assistance program receiving ~350+ calls and E-mails each year. TA is provided to PSOs, prospective PSOs, and providers.
PSOs and the NPSD: Milestones and Next Steps
- Common Formats:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities beta published.
- Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) beta to be published Oct/Nov 2011.
- Next release of Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facilities planned for Mid 2012.
- Non-identifiable data to the NPSD—2012.
Collaborative Learning: PSOs and Patient Safety
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association PSO:
- Patient Safety Medical Liability Demonstration Grant:
- AHRQ Survey on Patient Safety Culture:
Current as of December 2011
Collaborative Learning from Patient Safety Organizations and International Patient Safety Culture. Slide Presentation from the AHRQ 2011 Annual Conference (Text Version). December 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/about/annualconf11/levy_mcdonald_munier_sorra/munier.htm