Slide Presentation from the AHRQ 2008 Annual Conference
On September 9, 2008, Kathy Barberio, made this presentation at the 2008 Annual Conference. Select to access the PowerPoint® presentation (538 KB; Plugin Software Help).
Patient Safety Organization Privacy Protection Center (PSOPPC): Services
Presented by: Kathy Barberio, RN
PSOPPC Project Director.
Key to Success: Collaboration with Valued Partners
- National Quality Forum (NQF).
- Data Consulting Group (DCG).
- World Development Group (WDG).
Why Establish the PSOPPC?
- National initiative to create a protected, evidence-based learning system.
- Legal privilege and confidentiality protections for event information.
- Anticipate that Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs) will value assistance with de-identification of patient safety event data to facilitate safe and efficient data transfer to the Network of Patient Safety Databases (NPSD).
Guiding Principle and Next Steps
- No information on patient safety events can ever be released that allow an individual patient, provider, facility or reporter to be identified.
- Awaiting release of the Final Rule.
- De-identification presentation from the Office of Civil Rights—Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- Experts in Statistical Disclosure Methodologies identified and engaged.
PSOPPC Web site (www.psoppc.org)
The screen shot shows the home page of PSOPPC's Web site.
- Common Formats.
- User Guide.
- Help Desk.
- Links to other Web site resources.
Obtaining the Common Formats
The screen shot shows the opened "Common Formats" page with arrows pointing to "Common Formats" in the menu and the link for "View the Current Paper Forms."
Option to Obtain All or Select Forms
The screen shot shows the opened "Paper Forms" page with arrows pointing to the links for "Complete Set of Common Formats Paper Forms" and "Healthcare Event Reporting Form (HERF)."
Common Formats Users Guide
The screen shot shows the opened "Users Guide" page with arrows pointing to the links for "Users Guide" and "Chapter 1—Overview."
Other Available Services and Resources
- Help Desk—866-571-7712.
- One-on-one assistance.
- Annual PSO meeting.
Future Services and Resources
- Educational briefs.
- Tools and templates.
- Annual needs assessment.
- PSO Workgroups.
- PSO Forum/Discussion.
- Educational briefs.
- Visit our display in the AHRQ Café (Exhibit Hall).
Current as of January 2009
Patient Safety Organization Privacy Protection Center (PSOPPC): Services. Slide Presentation from the AHRQ 2008 Annual Conference (Text Version). January 2009. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/about/annualmtg08/090908slides/Barberio.htm