Center for Financing, Access, and Cost Trends (CFACT): Staff Biography
Ph.D., Public Health, Health Economics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Health Services Research, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Senior Research Associate , The Urban Institute
Research Associate, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Pharmaceutical use & spending for chronic conditions
Insurance coverage for adults with chronic conditions
Access to, and spending on cancer treatment
Current Research Projects
Potential impact of the Affordable Care Act on insurance coverage for cancer survivors
Impact of supplemental medical and prescription drug coverage on spending and drug use for Medicare beneficiaries with cancer
Treatments and outcomes associated with pharmacotherapy for Medicare beneficiaries with myelodysplastic syndromes
Technical Assistance and Survey Contributions
Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) Cancer survivorship research
Experience with surveys and other research datasets
Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey, National Health Interview Survey, SEER-Medicare, Chronic Condition Warehouse—Medicare enrollment and claims, Marketscan
- 2012: 2011 John M. Eisenberg Article-of-the-Year in Health Services Research.
- 2007: Winner, National Health Interview Survey 50th Anniversary Poster Competition.
- 2007: Inducted into Rho Chi, Pharmacy Honor Society, University of Maryland Chapter.
- 1997: John C. Hume Award for Excellence in Doctoral Research, Johns Hopkins University.
- 1997: Delta Omega Public Health Honor Society, Alpha Chapter.
- 1991-1996: National Institute of Mental Health, Mental Health Economics Graduate Traineeship (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, PI).
Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), Inquiry, Health Services Research, Medical Care, American Journal of Public Health, Journal of Applied Gerontology, American Journal of Epidemiology, Lung Cancer, Cancer Investigation
Previous Biography CFACT Staff Index Next Biography