The Office of the Director (OD) directs the activities of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives. Specifically, OD:
- Provides overall leadership for the Agency.
- Maintains the scientific integrity and objectivity of the Agency's research.
- Directs and coordinates the Agency's research, research training programs, and dissemination activities.
- Ensures that Agency programs support Administration goals and objectives.
- Represents the Agency within the Department, at the highest levels of Government, and to the public.
- Coordinates the legislative activities of the Agency, the review and clearance of Department and other Federal policies and regulations, and reports to Congress
- Controls the flow of correspondence and official documents entering and leaving the Agency.
- Manages the National Advisory Council.
- Supports the AHRQ Ombuds.
Current as of July 2003
Mission Statement: Office of the Director. July 2003. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/about/iod/iodmiss.htm