The HHS Quality Work Group (QWG) facilitated the development of the National Quality Strategy (NQS) and will continue to play a key role during implementation
- Background: Convened by the HHS [Department of Health & Human Services] Secretary, the Quality Work Group (QWG) will support the implementation of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by the various HHS Operating Divisions (OpDivs).
- Structure: The Work Group will be chaired by the Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Special Advisor to OHR [Office of Human Resources]. The Work Group will include senior-level representatives from 22 HHS agencies and OpDivs.
- Meetings: The Work Group shall meet at least quarterly and may convene more frequently on an as-needed basis at discretion of the Chairs. Work Group members may be designated to ad-hoc Subgroups, based on expertise, function, or other criteria, on an as-needed basis.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Lead)
- Office of Health Reform (Co-lead)
- Assistant Secretary for Administration
- Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources
- Assistant Secretary for Legislation
- Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
- Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Executive Secretariat
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- National Institutes of Health
- Office for Civil Rights
- Office of Public Health and Science
- Office of the General Counsel
- Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- Office of the Secretary
- Office on Disability
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
*Representatives to the Work Group will be designated by each of the above Assistant Secretaries and agency heads.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide