How Might We Move Forward?
- Develop program to reduce major causes of preventable death:
- VAP [ventilator-associated pneumonia], DVT/PE [deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolism], Pressure Ulcer, Diagnostic error, Teamwork.
- Pipeline phase 1, 2, 3.
- Support interdisciplinary teams to do "basic research":
- Mixing Bowl.
- Develop theory, logic models, methods for QI [quality improvement] and evaluation.
- Create SEC to produce measures, report disparities.
- Build capacity in training schools and provider organizations.
- Encourage systems integration.
- Develop behavioral markers of teamwork.
- Create healthcare CAST.
- Explore peer to peer review (WANO).
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide