Affordable Care Act (ACA) & U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- ACA reauthorized USPSTF & AHRQ's support of the USPSTF:
- New duty for USPSTF—Report to Congress on Research Gaps.
- ACA linked insurance coverage to USPSTF & other similar bodies (ACIP [Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices], Bright Futures):
- For Medicare: Similar to MIPPA [Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008], coverage for "A" & "B" services.
- For Medicaid: Financial incentive through increase in FMAP [Federal Medical Assistance Percentages] for States that cover "A" & "B" services.
- For private insurance: Coverage for "A" & "B" services and elimination of co-payments.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide