Medical Expenditure Panel Survey Insurance Component (MEPS-IC) Data Release: 2010 Premiums
- ACA [Affordable Care Act] offers a tax credit for small employers providing health insurance to their employees:
- Credit began in 2010.
- Amount of credit limited by average premium in employer's State.
- MEPS-IC is the only available source of that information.
- CCIIO [Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight], ASPE [the Assistant Secretary for
Planning and Evaluation], CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services], and DOL [Department of Labor] are requesting additional information about self-insured health insurance plans.
- MEPS-IC is the exclusive source of data on self-insured plans by State and firm size.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide