New Efforts to Increase Transparency & Stakeholder Engagement
- Briefings on screening for prostate and cervical cancer:
- Open to all, approximately 150 phone lines utilized on each call.
- Each briefing provided:
- An overview of the USPSTF and its recommendation-making process.
- A summary of the evidence on the benefits and harms of screening.
- A description of the specific recommendations.
- A discussion of the USPSTF rationale.
- Beginning in December 2011, posting all draft Research Plans for public comment:
- Includes analytic framework, key questions, and inclusion/exclusion criteria.
- First topic, screening for peripheral arterial disease.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide