Advancing HHS Data Strategy and Planning Efforts
- AHRQ and the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation serve as co-chairs of the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Data Council.
- Two departmental workgroups established to advance an HHS data strategy and related planning efforts:
- Research and Development for HHS data collection:
- Provides recommendations on R&D efforts to facilitate improvements in the quality, utility, timeliness, and efficiency of HHS surveys and data systems.
- HHS Data Integration and Alignment:
- Provides recommendations on data integration and alignment efforts that enhance analytic capacity and improve the harmonization of data sources.
- Seeks proposals that fill data gaps related to Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) implementation; granularity; longitudinal capacity; clinical detail; health resources and determinants and that facilitate quick response mechanisms.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide