Patient Engagement History
Image: A timeline shows the following key steps in patient engagement history:
- 1999: To Err is Human: Building A Safer Health System.
- 2000: Doing What Counts for Patient Safety: Federal Actions to Reduce Medical Errors.
- 2001: AHRQ initiates 5-year, $150 million in patient safety funding.
- 2002: Harvard/Kaiser surveys find 42% of public and 35% of physicians report experiencing errors.
- 2005: AHRQ/Ad Council exploratory research finds patients worry about errors, but don't feel empowered to take action.
- 2007: Questions are the Answer Campaign. First TV ads feature singing/dancing health care professionals.
- 2009: Campaign update encourages patients to prioritize their questions.
- 2011: Campaign Refresh Adds Clinicians to the Target Audience.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide