Nationwide Implementation of Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP) for Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI)
Progress in 3 Years of the Project:
- Has expanded to 46 States, DC, and PR.
- >1,100 hospitals and >1,800 teams recruited.
- Interim Results:
- 39%↓ in CLABSI rates (736 units w/ baseline & 1-yr. data).
- 800 CLABSI cases prevented. }
- 200 CLABSI deaths prevented } 1st yr, 5 cohorts = 2/3 of adult ICUs.
- $13 M in excess costs averted.}
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide