Healthcare-Associated Infections Priority Performance Goal (HAI-PPG)
- High priority for the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Secretary.
- 11/21/11: HAI-PPG kick-off presentation to HHS Senior Leadership.
- Will be tracked by HHS and Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Collaborative effort of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (lead), AHRQ, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Office of Assistant Secretary of Health (OASH).
- 25%↓ in hospital-acquired central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI).
- 20%↓in hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) .
- To be achieved by 9/30/13 vs. 2010 baseline.
- Aligned with goals of HAI National Action Plan and Partnership for Patients (PfP).
- AHRQ's ongoing programs will contribute significantly.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide