Factors for Cost Projection Models
- Demographic/economic characteristics: Age; sex; race/ethnicity; marital status; region; metropolitan statistical area (MSA) classification, family size, poverty status.
- Health status measures: health status; activity limitations.
- Health insurance coverage: full year insured; part year insured; uninsured.
- Health conditions: Diagnosis of arthritis; cancer; body mass index
(BMI); cerebrovascular disease; diabetes; heart disease; high blood pressure; high cholesterol; mental health; back pain; pregnancy.
- Accidental events: trauma.
- Utilization measures: prior year inpatient events; ambulatory visits; number of prescribed medicine purchases.
- Expenditure measures: prior yr. total health care spending.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide