Office of Performance, Accountability, Resources, and Technology
The Office of Performance, Accountability, Resources, and Technology (OPART) directs and coordinates Agency-wide program planning and evaluation activities and administrative operations. Specifically, OPART:
- Ensures program planning is integrated with budget formulation and performance and serves as the Agency's focal point for Government Performance and Results Act activities.
- Plans and directs financial management activities including budget formulation, presentation, and execution functions and supports linking of the budget and planning processes.
- Provides human resource consultation services regarding all aspects of personnel management, workforce planning and restructuring, and the allocation and utilization of personnel resources.
- Provides organizational and management analysis, develops operating policies and procedures, and implements and carries out Agency management programs and policies.
- Coordinates the Agency's Federal Managers' Financial Integrity Act, competitive sourcing and FAIR Act, and Privacy Act activities.
- Conducts all business management aspects of the review, negotiation, award, and administration of Agency research grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
- Manages the analysis, selection, implementation, and operation of all aspects of the Agency's information technology infrastructure and telecommunication systems.
- Provides other Agency support services including the acquisition, management, and maintenance of supplies, equipment, and space.
Current as of July 2003
Mission Statement: Office of Performance, Accountability, Resources, and Technology. July 2003. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. htp://www.ahrq.gov/about/opart/opartmiss.htm