National Framework for Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) & Medicaid Quality Improvement
Slide depicts the national framework. At the top center of the figure are the words, "Right Care, Every Person, Every Time." "Every Person" is circled.
Below "Right Care" and "Every Time" are double-headed arrows pointing to the left and right. Below "Every Person" is a doubled-headed arrow pointed up and down; this arrow points down to a series of three interconnected circles labeled "National Quality Improvement Efforts," "Foundation of Framework = Consensus on Menu of Goals, Measures, and Interventions," and "State Quality Improvement Efforts" respectively.
On the left-hand side of the figure is a column that reads:
- CHIPRA and Recovery Act Guidance.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Reports on Quality.
- Dept. of Health & Human Services Value-Driven Health Care Initiative.
- Regulatory Requirements.
- Grants to States.
- AHRQ, Health Resources & Services Admin. (HRSA), Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Office of Surgeon General, and External Stakeholder Initiatives.
- Medicare/Medicaid Cross-Cutting Initiatives
- CMS Medicaid-CHIP Quality Strategy.
- CMS Quality Roadmap.
On the right-hand side of the figure is a column that reads:
- State Health Information Technology (Health IT) Plan.
- Home & Community-Based Services Quality Management Plan.
- External Quality Review Activities.
- State Value-Based Purchasing Initiatives.
- State Legislative Requirements.
- Approved Medicaid Grants.
- State Collaborations, Cross-Agency Initiatives, and Other State-Led Efforts.
- CHIP Quality Measures.
- State Studies
- State Quality Strategy.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide