Consensus on Criteria Definitions (continued)
- The measure should be actionable.
- Cost of the condition to the Nation should be substantial.
- Health care systems are clearly accountable for the quality problem assessed by the measure.
- The extent of the quality problem should be substantial.
- There should be documented variation in performance on the measure.
- The measure should be representative of a class of quality problems: "sentinel measure" of quality of care provided for preventive care, mental health care, or dental care, etc.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide