Scope for Core Measurement Set
- Must be realistic about staffing/funding needs for collecting/analyzing/reporting available data.
- Comprehensive effort to find good measures for all service categories, duration of enrollment, and other aspects of care required by the legislation; however, if no good measures currently exist for a given aspect of care, a measure will not be recommended for the core set.
- Include measures not currently used by Medicaid/CHIP.
- e.g., State and national measurement efforts.
- Choose measures that are actionable.
- There should be clear steps a State, plan, or provider can take to improve on performance—the measure should inform what these steps need to be.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide