Consensus on Criteria Definitions
- Measures must be supported by scientific evidence or, where evidence is insufficient, by expert consensus.
- Measures must support a link from structure to process to outcomes.
- The measure must represent an aspect of care that is under the control of health care providers and systems.
- The measure should truly assess what it purports to measure.
- Measures supported by evidence from unpublished data should be considered for inclusion.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide