Topics Meta-Analyzed for the 1996 and 2000 Guidelines and Included in the 2008 Guideline Update (But Not Re-Analyzed)
||Categories of those characteristics
|Screen for tobacco use
- No screening system in place.
- Screening system in place.
|Advice to quit
- No advice to quit.
- Physician advice to quit.
|Intensity of person-to-person clinical contact
- No person-to-person intervention.
- Minimal counseling (longest session ≤ 3 min in duration).
- Low intensity counseling (longest session > 3 min and ≤ 10 min in duration).
- Higher intensity counseling (longest session > 10 min).
- Total amount of contact time.
- Number of person-to-person treatment sessions.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide