Topics Meta-Analyzed for the 1996 and 2000 Guidelines and Included in the 2008 Guideline Update (But Not Re-Analyzed) (Continued)
||Categories of those characteristics
|Type of counseling and behavioral therapies
- No counseling.
- No person-to-person intervention or minimal counseling.
- General: problem solving/coping skills/relapse prevention/stress management approach.
- Negative affect/depression intervention.
- Weight/diet/nutrition intervention.
- Extra-treatment social support intervention.
- Intra-treatment social support intervention.
- Contingency contracting/instrumental contingencies.
- Rapid smoking.
- Other aversive smoking techniques.
- Cigarette fading/smoking reduction prequit.
- Placebo over-the-counter nicotine patch therapy.
- Over-the-counter nicotine patch therapy.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide