Kutney Lee, Ann
Institution: University of Pennsylvania
Grant Title: Changes in Hospital Care Organization and Outcomes
Grant Number: K08 HS018534
Duration: 3 years (2009-2012)
Total Award: $457,000
Project Description: This project has two main aims:
- Examine the effect of changes over time in nurse staffing, nurse practice environments and patient characteristics within hospitals on medical-surgical patient outcomes.
- Examine the effect of changes over time in nurse staffing, nurse practice environments, and patient characteristics within hospitals on nurse outcomes related to nurse retention.
Career Goals: Dr. Kutney Lee is an Assistant Professor in the Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research at the University of Pennsylvania. She received her PhD in Nursing from the same institution. The grantee's long-term career goal is to become an independent health services researcher with a special focus on nursing outcomes research and the care of patients with chronic illness.
Progress to Date: The hospital and individual level datasets were constructed. Hospital-level measures of nurse staffing, the nurse practice environment and nurse and patient outcomes were created.
Future Plans: The data analysis will take place and preliminary results will become available.
Highlights and Specific Accomplishments:
- Marian R. Gregory Distinguished Dissertation Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 2008.
- T32 Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- Ann Wolbert Burgess Endowed Student Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 2007.
K-Generated Publications: None thus far.
Return to Recently Funded Career Development Award Grants