What Does This Mean?
- Quality of nursing home, home health agency, and primary care drive both admission and readmission rates.
- Patient characteristics that lead to admissions also lead to readmissions.
- Practice patterns in non-hospital settings that lead to admissions for these groups also lead to readmissions.
- You will not solve your readmission problem without understanding factors leading to admissions.
- Reducing readmissions cannot be done within the walls of the hospital.
- Must understand the big picture factors, while focusing on specific challenges and their solutions.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide