Reported Diagnosis-specific Reasons for Avoidable Readmissions
- COPD [chronic obstructive pulmonary disease], Pneumonia Patients—
- Many patients need, but do not receive, home health care.
- Pneumonia readmissions may reflect need for end of life care.
- Cardiac Patients—
- Cardiologists may rely on primary care, not arrange follow up care for heart failure patients.
- Readmissions appear to be much higher for heart failure patients with behavioral diagnoses.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide