The AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines outline the standards for Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) products developed in-house and by contractors. AHRQ staff should remember that all contracts must include wording that requires contractors to follow these guidelines when creating deliverables for the Agency.
Select for print version (PDF file, 2 MB). Plugin Software Help.
The AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines outline the standards for AHRQ products developed in-house and by contractors. The guidelines address the topics of:
- Publishing, including instructions and a generic style for formatting reports and other products. This section also contains general publishing guidance, including information on copyrights, trademarks, and disclaimers.
- Web standards, including guidelines for Web-based products and sites. Of particular note is the Web Site Deployment Checklist that contractors must submit with each Web deliverable.
- Media relations products, including guidance for creating press releases.
- Audio and video products, including an overview of AHRQ's audio and video products and checklists to assist individuals in determining if an audio or video product is the best vehicle for delivering their message. This section also offers release forms for participants in video productions.
- Toolkits, offering definitions of tools and toolkits and provides checklists that will help toolkit developers determine if their product is actually a toolkit and ensure any toolkit deliverables are consistent with other toolkit products AHRQ offers.
- Branding specifications, including instructions for how to use the AHRQ logo for branding in various treatments, such as printed materials and on Web sites.
Section 1: Publishing Style
Section 2: Web Product and Web Site Development
Section 3: Media and Marketing Outreach
Section 4: Audio and Video Products
Section 5: Toolkit Guidance
Section 6: Branding Design Element Specifications
These guidelines are also available in print and on CD from the AHRQ Publications Clearinghouse as product numbers 08(-09)-M049 and 08(-09)-M049-CD.
AHRQ Publication No. 08(-09)-M049
Current as of April 2009
AHRQ Publishing and Communications Guidelines. AHRQ Publication No. 08(-09)-M049, April 2009.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/pubcomguide/