USPSTF Evidence Review
Each recommendation is based on a review of the evidence that includes:
- Creation of an analytic framework and a set of key questions that determine the scope of the literature review.
- Systematic review of the relevant literature to answer the key questions.
- Quality ratings of bodies of research literature supporting each key question.
- Estimation of benefits and harms.
- Determination of the balance of benefits and harms of the preventive service.
The evidence is systematically reviewed to determine the appropriate recommendations and compare benefits and harms of providing a service or a screening test. The recommendation is then graded to provide guidance for the clinician. The electronic version of their recommendations is a quick and intuitive system to access their recommendations. The complete recommendations and background information is provided at the website: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide