How the Calculator Works
This slide contains graphics indicating the following:
- Baseline utilization: 100,000 participants who average 0.25 ED visits per year lead to 25,000 annual visits to ED.
- Evidence: Asthma program (could use pilot) with a reduction of 50 percent leads to 12,500 visits to ED saved per year.
- Assign costs to utilization changes: At $300 per ED visit leads to $3,750,000 saved.
The bottom of the slide contains a box with the following text:
- Repeat for each service and productivity component.
- Compare change in medical care expenditures with program cost.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide