Origins of NHQR & NHDR
- Health and Human Services Secretary required to submit annual report to Congress:
- NHQR: National Healthcare Quality Report—national trends in health care quality
- NHDR: National Healthcare Disparities Report—disparities in health care delivery
- Racial and socioeconomic groups
- Other priority populations
- First reports released in 2003.
Mandated by Congress in Healthcare Research and Quality Act (PL. 106-129).
Image: A photograph of the Capitol dome.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide