Meta-Analysis by EPCs
- The quantitative component of a systematic literature review that summarizes data from several studies—
- To determine a summary estimate of effect to estimate the likelihood of benefit and harm.
- To increase statistical power that may be lacking due to too many small studies.
- To evaluate a potential effect in subgroups.
- To determine if further placebo-controlled trials would be unethical.
- Caution must be exercised to determine if studies can be combined.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide