Script for Patient Reminders to Bring Their Medications or a Complete Medication List to Their Procedure/Test
Before your procedure (test), we need a complete list of the medications you take at home, including any medications you held for your procedure (test). Your complete list of medications includes all prescription medications, samples from your doctor, and any medications you buy without a prescription, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements. You may bring the medication bottles with you or a list of each medication.
If you bring a list, make sure your list has:
- The full name of each medicine (including any letters that may appear after the name such as XL, CR, CD, etc.).
- The strength of each medicine (mg, mcg, units, etc.).
- How much you take for each dose (1 tablet, 2 capsules, etc.).
- How you take it (by mouth, inhaler, injection, patch, etc.).
- When you take it (in the morning and evening, once a month, etc.), and the date and time of your last dose.
This information is important so we can check for any potential drug interactions during your procedure.
Please let your doctor or nurse know if you are allergic to any medications before the start of your procedure (test).