New Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture
AHRQ released a new survey to assess patient safety culture in community pharmacies. Learn more.
Sign Up for Surveys on Patient Safety Culture E-mail Updates
As part of its goal to support a culture of patient safety and quality improvement in the Nation's health care system, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) sponsored the development of patient safety culture assessment tools for hospitals, nursing homes, ambulatory outpatient medical offices, and pharmacies.
AHRQ is in the process of reestablishing the timeframe and frequency for future periods for submission of data to its suite of patient safety culture surveys. Please check back; information will be posted on this Web page once those dates have been determined.
If you have additional questions, please contact DatabasesOnSafetyCulture@ahrq.hhs.gov or (301) 427-1018.
Four surveys on patient safety culture are available:
Health care organizations can use these survey assessment tools to:
- Raise staff awareness about patient safety.
- Diagnose and assess the current status of patient safety culture.
- Identify strengths and areas for patient safety culture improvement.
- Examine trends in patient safety culture change over time.
- Evaluate the cultural impact of patient safety initiatives and interventions.
- Conduct internal and external comparisons.
- Research Reference List—The purpose of this research reference list is to provide citations for articles published on the AHRQ safety culture surveys. It includes references on the use of the surveys; psychometric analyses; analyses linking the survey to outcome data; reviews of instruments; and international studies.
- Newsletters—The newsletters are intended to help users stay informed about new developments, tools, and resources available for the surveys:
AHRQ is interested in finding out about international users of the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture. If you are an international user, please E-mail SafetyCultureSurveys@ahrq.hhs.gov to share information about your administration of the surveys, results, and any translations you have made of the surveys. For more information about international use of the Surveys on Patient Safety Culture, go to International Users.
Current as of September 2012
Surveys on Patient Safety Culture. September 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/patientsafetyculture/index.html