Challenges to Implementation: Medical Team Related
- Busy medical team means discharge receives low priority in the work schedule of inpatient clinicians.
- Discharge is relegated to least-experienced team member.
- Last-minute tests/consultations result in delay of final discharge plan and medication list.
- Inaccurate medication reconciliation.
- Discharge medication reconciliation started on the day of discharge.
Now that we have drawn the high-level process map and discussed what is and is not working, it is now time to think about the challenges that lie ahead as they relate to successful implementation of Project RED and the potential for patient readmission. Challenges can exist on several levels. This slide mentions some that are related to the medical team and getting them on board with a new discharge process.