Adopted by National Quality Forum as one of 30 US "Safe Practices" (SP-15)
Eleven mutually reinforcing components:
- Medication reconciliation.
- Reconcile discharge plan with national guidelines.
- Follow-up appointments.
- Outstanding tests.
- Post-discharge services.
- Written discharge plan.
- What to do if problem arises.
- Patient education.
- Assess patient understanding.
- Discharge summary sent to PCP.
- Telephone reinforcement.
This slide shows the 11 components of Project RED. These are the activities that should be completed for every patient in your targeted population.