- Improve patient outcomes.
- Improve cost/revenue management.
- Improve HCAHPS scores.
- Prepare for changes to CMS reimbursement penalties for high readmission rates.
- Improve nurse/provider time utilization.
- Enhance portability of PHI across the continuum of care.
- Improve relationship with PCPs.
So let's remind ourselves about what the current strategic priorities for health care organizations are and how this project will align with your organizational processes for reporting outcomes. While project team members' initial impression may be that this project entails additional workload, it will be important for all staff and faculty to know and understand how the project will align first with patient needs and then the strategic needs of the organization and multiple care providers across the continuum. This slide lists priorities that likely exist in most hospitals today.