Identify the Patient
- By admission unit
- By admitting diagnosis
- Heart failure: How do you identify these patients for core measure processes?
- By physician
Your organization has selected a specific patient population with which to implement the Project RED intervention. Did you select:
- A particular disease or condition?
- A particular disease or condition on a specific unit?
- All patients on a particular unit?
- A physician who is willing to try the intervention with his or her patients?
- A combination of these criteria?
A small scope is advisable for trying out the intervention.
How will you find these patients?
- Unit clerk?
- Nurse manager?
- Admitting nurse?
For example, if your target population is patients with heart failure, how do you identify these patients on admission for tracking heart failure measures? Would this approach work for identifying patients in your targeted Project RED population?