The goal of this performance improvement (PI) project is to improve our discharge program
- Is patient centered
- Prepares patients to care for themselves at home
- Decreases readmissions and visits to the emergency department
“As you can see from this slide, Project RED's goals are:
- To make our discharge program more patient centered.
- To prepare the patient (or caregiver) to take care of himself or herself safely and correctly at home.
- To reduce the likelihood that the patient will be readmitted or visit the emergency department by preparing the patient better and teaching effectively.”