Keys to the Project RED Intervention
- Related multidisciplinary activities
- Care plan for patient after discharge
- Post-discharge followup with patient
There are three essential elements to the Project RED intervention:
- First, the Discharge Advocate's role and the role of others on the health care team, including multidisciplinary discharge rounds.
- Second, the Patient Care Plan that is provided to the patient and family at discharge to assist with self-care activities at home.
- Third, the followup with the patient and PCP after the patient leaves the hospital.