HHS Secretary appoints members to AHRQ National Advisory Council
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has appointed seven new members to the National Advisory Council for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The Council provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary and the Director of AHRQ on priorities for a national health services research agenda. The Council consists of 21 members from the private sector and 7 ex-officio members from other Federal health agencies. The seven new council members are:
- Nancy E. Donaldson, D.N.Sc., R.N., Director, Center for Research and Innovation in Patient Care, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco.
- Arthur Garson, Jr., M.D., M.P.H., Executive Vice President and Provost and the Robert C. Taylor Professor of Science and Public Policy, University of Virginia, Charlottesville.
- Junius J. Gonzales, M.D., M.B.A., Dean and Professor, College of Behavioral and Community Services, University of South Florida, and Executive Director, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, Tampa.
- Lisa M. Latts, M.D., M.B.A., M.S.P.H., Vice President, Programs in Clinical Excellence, WellPoint Inc., Denver.
- Keith J. Mueller, Ph.D., Director, Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis and Nebraska Center for Rural Health Research, and Associate Dean, College of Public Health, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha.
- Xavier Sevilla, M.D., Chief of Pediatrics, Manatee County Rural Health Services Inc., Whole Child Pediatrics, Bradenton, Fla.
- Bruce Siegel, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Center for Health Care Quality, The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington, D.C.
To learn more about the Council, go to http://www.ahrq.gov/about/council.htm.
Return to Contents
Proceed to Next Article