TeamSTEPPS® Instructor Guide
Assessing Organizational Readiness: SWOT Analysis
Part I: Analysis
The intent of a SWOT Analysis is to determine the readiness of
implementing a teamwork initiative within your facility.
Through brainstorming, answer the questions within each category
and record your responses on the tool provided.
- S –What strengths in
your present operation can you draw on to facilitate a
- transition to a teamwork system?
- W –What weaknesses in
your present operation may hinder this transition?
- O –What
future opportunities exist for your department under a
- T –Organize
a list of potential threats to implementing a teamwork
- your organization?
Part II: Action Planning (20 minutes)
- Examine the list of items under weaknesses and threats
- List these issues in order of priority on the Action Plan
- Identify at least two strategies to deal with each issue
- In order of priority, list the identified weaknesses and threats on
an action plan
Return to Contents