Collaborative Learning from Patient Safety Organizations and International Patient Safety Culture
Collaborative Learning from Patient Safety Organizations (PSOs) and International Patient Safety Culture
AHRQ Annual Conference
September 19, 2011
- Many PSOs preparing for re-certification after first 3 years.
- 80 listed PSOs as of September 19th:
- 31 states & DC.
- PSO Program is completing its first cycle for listing and maintaining PSOs:
- Third Annual Meeting of PSOs held in May 2011.
- Collaboration of PSOs to share business experiences and generate.
- Technical Assistance program receiving ~350+ calls and E-mails each year. TA is provided to PSOs, prospective PSOs, and providers.
PSOs and the NPSD: Milestones and Next Steps
- Common Formats:
- Skilled Nursing Facilities beta published.
- Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) beta to be published Oct/Nov 2011.
- Next release of Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facilities planned for Mid 2012.
- Non-identifiable data to the NPSD—2012.
Collaborative Learning: PSOs and Patient Safety
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association PSO:
- Steve Levy.
- Patient Safety Medical Liability Demonstration Grant:
- Timothy McDonald.
- AHRQ Survey on Patient Safety Culture:
- Joann Sorra.