15. Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia Rates Down in Michigan ICUs
- Use of Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program (CUSP) cut VAP rates by more than 70%.
- Reduction in VAP sustained for up to 2.5 years.
- Part of AHRQ-funded Keystone ICU [intensive care unit] project.
- CUSP emphasizes teamwork, communication and use of checklists and hand washing.
Rates of Pneumonia Dramatically Reduced in Patients on Ventilators in Michigan Intensive Care Units. Press Release, February 17, 2011. AHRQ.
Page originally created August 2011