45. Two IOM Reports Released
- On March 23, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) released two consensus reports:
- Finding What Works in Healthcare: Standards for Systematic Reviews
- Clinical Practice Guidelines We Can Trust
- Developed in response to congressional mandate in Medicare Improvement for Patient and Providers Act of 2008.
- The reports recommend high standards for conducting systematic reviews and for developing clinical practice guidelines.
- Next Steps: Implementation Workshop on Standards for Systematic Reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines:
- Workshop scheduled May 10-11 in Washington DC.
- Presentations and panel discussions in response to reports.