Munier Slide 17
- Science work group comprises AHRQ, CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services], FDA [Food and Drug Administration], as well as the DoD [Department of Defense] and VA [Veterans Affairs].
- Three months of research last fall revealed:
- There are no agreed-upon ways of measuring hospital-acquired conditions (HACs).
- There is no way to know precisely how many HACs are occurring now or have in the past.
- Studies exist that provide information on estimated incidence and effective prevention methods.