11. IOM Recommendations.
AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing ReportText version of slide presentation from a National Advisory Council meeting.
- Enabling nurses to practice to the full level of their training:
- Remove scope-of-practice barriers.
- Implement nurse residency programs.
- Improving nursing education:
- Increase proportion of nurses with a BSN degree to 80% by 2020.
- Double the number of nurses with a doctorate by 2020.
- Ensure that nurses engage in lifelong learning.
- Preparing and enabling nurses to lead change:
- Expand opportunities for nurses to lead and diffuse collaborative improvement efforts.
- Prepare and enable nurses to lead change to advance health.
- Improving workforce data collection and analysis:
- Build an improved infrastructure to collect and analyze health care workforce data.
← Fostering Inter-professional Collaboration →
← Diversity →
Current as of November 2011
Internet Citation: 11. IOM Recommendations.: AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing Report. November 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2011-11-nac/donaldson_wyatt/donaldsl11.html