13. The Future of Nursing: Exemplar Year One Accomplishments.
AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing ReportText version of slide presentation from a National Advisory Council meeting.
- 36 states launch Action Coalitions to implement the recommendations.
- The Center to Champion Nursing in America (CCNA, an initiative of AARP, the AARP Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), established.
- CCNA convenes stakeholders through its Champion Nursing Coalition (48 national health care, business and consumer organizations) and Champion Nursing Council (27 national nursing organizations) to develop strategies to implement the IOM recommendations.
- In its 2012 funding for the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), the Senate Appropriations Committee called for the Secretary to work with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to develop a plan to implement the recommendations.
- Many national organizations affirm active support for the report recommendations, including the American Red Cross, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, National Association of Hispanic Nurses, National Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, National Medical Association and World Health Organization.
- RWJF, in collaboration with other funders, has launched a research initiative to identify, generate, synthesize and share evidence essential to implementing the report recommendations.
Current as of November 2011
Internet Citation: 13. The Future of Nursing: Exemplar Year One Accomplishments.: AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing Report. November 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2011-11-nac/donaldson_wyatt/donaldsl13.html