20. Advanced Nursing Practice Roles.
AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing ReportText version of slide presentation from a National Advisory Council meeting.
- Evidence: More than 10 studies show equivalent patient outcomes when care is provided by APRN or MD for certain services
- Includes two Cochrane reviews.
- Randomized clinical trial published in JAMA.
- Office of Technology Assessment.
- No studies show care is better in states that do not allow APRNs to practice to full extent of education and training.
Current as of November 2011
Internet Citation: 20. Advanced Nursing Practice Roles.: AHRQ NAC Briefing Institute of Medicine Future of Nursing Report. November 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2011-11-nac/donaldson_wyatt/donaldsl20.html