Slide 4. PCORI Dissemination Assumptions
PCORI's Role in Dissemination of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Not "From the Ground Up"
PCORI Dissemination Assumptions
- "Success" for PCORI and AHRQ = impact on practice and patient outcomes.
- PCORI will disseminate results of PCORI-funded and conducted research and PCORI will also fund research on dissemination, but will complement and supplement what the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality/National Institutes of Health (AHRQ/NIH) are doing, not duplicate efforts.
- PCORI has unique opportunities—and legislative requirements.
- Dissemination is essential and requires investment, which could occur in multiple ways:
- Encourage / require "dissemination accelerating components" in all PFAs.
- Provide rapid follow-on funding for dissemination for selected studies.
Page last reviewed October 2014
Internet Citation: Slide 4. PCORI Dissemination Assumptions: PCORI's Role in Dissemination of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Not "From the Ground Up". October 2014. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-04-nac/levine/levinesl4.html