Slide 7. Learnings
PCORI's Role in Dissemination of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Not "From the Ground Up"
- Programs are most successful when they are audience-centered and use the audiences' preferred formats, channels and trusted sources of information.
- Credentials are important in gaining access to healthcare providers.
- Health plans, health systems, and large medical groups can provide valuable and systematic access to clinicians.
- Clinicians and Patients each want unbiased and balanced information from a trusted and credible source.
- Disseminating new research differs from disseminating systematic reviews.
- Potential for Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) results to influence practice not yet realized—where the opportunity lies.
Page last reviewed May 2012
Internet Citation: Slide 7. Learnings: PCORI's Role in Dissemination of Patient-Centered Outcomes Research: Not "From the Ground Up". May 2012. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://www.ahrq.gov/news/events/nac/2012-04-nac/levine/levinesl7.html